Facility Safety Updates
As COVID-19 restrictions loosen and our University starts to re-open, the Office of Professional and Workforce Development is working to ensure our facility meets all CDC requirements for the safety of our staff and students.
We will be resuming classroom courses in August. Keeping your safety in mind, we will continue to follow the most recent guidance from the CDC and the University of Florida. Here is what you can expect when classroom courses resume:
Office of Professional and Workforce Development Team:
- The OPWD team has had refresher training in proper hand-washing techniques. We ask that students also follow proper hand-washing techniques by following posted signage in restrooms.
- After a period of working remotely, each OPWD team member was tested for COVID-19 before returning to work in the UF TREEO building.
- OPWD team members will be wearing masks in common areas of the building.
- We have asked that any team members who are not feeling well proactively stay home until they have been fever free and feeling better for at least 72 hours.
UF TREEO Center Building
- Upon entering the building, you will see social distancing decals on the floor to prevent crowding at the registration desk. The decals will also be on the floor of the demo area if your course requires hands-on work.
- There will be a plexiglass barrier between you and the person checking you in at the registration desk.
- Books will no longer be handed out at registration, they will be waiting for you at your desk.
- Class sizes will be smaller to allow for 6 feet of space between students.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are installed throughout the building and available in classrooms.
- All hands-on equipment will be wiped down between student uses.
- Class break times will be staggered to prevent multiple classes from being in the hallways and restrooms at the same time.
- University of Florida is utilizing TruShot Disinfectant and Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide to wipe down all surfaces and high-touch areas regularly.
- Students will be asked to maintain 6 ft social distancing with fellow students, instructors and OPWD staff.
- We encourage students to bring their own PPE. If you do not have a mask, TREEO will provide one for you.
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home and contact your medical provider. You can contact OPWD to discuss rescheduling your course by phone or email. (352) 392-9570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
While the world is working on how to adjust to a new normal, we understand that some people may not feel comfortable attending classroom courses just yet. OPWD has been working hard to move as much coursework online as possible. In the last few months we have launched 7 new TREEO online courses with more to come. You can keep up to date with all of our online offerings at the following links: Career & Workforce Dual Enrollment | Coursera Learning Cafe | Human Trafficking Prevention | Leadership Workshops | Professional Development Hub | TREEO.
June 23, 2020
Keep up with all things OPWD by reading our bi-monthly office updates.
The Office of Professional and Workforce Development (OPWD) supports the Office of Teaching and Technology and the University of Florida in offering non-credit education for adult learners across multiple modalities, e.g. online, face-to-face, and conferences.
Is there a topic under our umbrella that you would like to learn or see more about? Email Courtney Hancock at email@example.com with your ideas.