We are excited to have our doors open for classroom courses again! As a reminder, we will continue to follow the most recent guidance from the CDC and the University of Florida. Here is what you can expect when attending classroom courses:
Office of Professional and Workforce Development Team
- The OPWD team has had refresher training in proper hand-washing techniques. We ask that students also follow proper hand-washing techniques by following posted signage in restrooms.
- After a period of working remotely, each OPWD team member was tested for COVID-19 before returning to work in the UF TREEO building.
- OPWD team members will be wearing masks in common areas of the building.
- We have asked that any team members who are not feeling well proactively stay home until they have been fever free and feeling better for at least 72 hours.
UF TREEO Center Building
- Upon entering the building, you will see social distancing decals on the floor to prevent crowding at the registration desk. The decals will also be on the floor of the demo area if your course requires hands-on work.
- There will be a plexiglass barrier between you and the person checking you in at the registration desk.
- Books will no longer be handed out at registration, they will be waiting for you at your desk.
- Class sizes will be smaller to allow for 8 feet of space between students.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are installed throughout the building and available in classrooms.
- All hands-on equipment will be wiped down between student uses.
- Class break times will be staggered to prevent multiple classes from being in the hallways and restrooms at the same time.
- University of Florida is utilizing TruShot Disinfectant and Clorox Hydrogen Peroxide to wipe down all surfaces and high-touch areas regularly.
- Students will be asked to maintain 8 ft social distancing with fellow students, instructors and OPWD staff.
- Students must sit 8 ft apart while in the classroom, and wear a mask in the classroom as well as in all common areas.
- We encourage students to bring their own PPE. If you do not have a mask, TREEO will provide one for you.
- Please keep in mind: according to the University of Florida’s updated mask policies, neck gaiters and bandanas should not be worn unless no other face covering is available.
- If you don’t feel well, please stay home and contact your medical provider. You can contact OPWD to discuss rescheduling your course by phone or email. (352) 392-9570 or firstname.lastname@example.org
While the world is working on how to adjust to a new normal, we understand that some people may not feel comfortable attending classroom courses just yet. OPWD has been working hard to move as much coursework online as possible. In the last few months we have launched 7 new TREEO online courses with more to come. You can keep up to date with all of our online offerings at the following links: Career & Workforce Development Education | Coursera Learning Cafe | Human Trafficking Prevention | Leadership Workshops | Professional Development Hub | TREEO.