Welcome to the OPWD Insider!
The Office of Professional and Workforce Development (OPWD) is excited to embark on an online-blogging journey to educate our audiences in an informative and engaging way. Learn about who we are, what we do, and how we do it – as well as other fun and inspiring tidbits about the people of OPWD and the experiences [that are] cultivated here.
To jump-start this introduction, here’s a summary of OPWD:
Made up of the five departments listed below, our mission is to design and deliver innovative learning experiences for professionals
- Community Engagement – Public and community outreach through education.
- Conferences – Professionally-certified event planners that facilitate conferences, workshops and special events.
- Custom Solutions – Corporate education and training for emerging to executive leaders.
- Professional Development Hub – Searchable website for professional and workforce development online non-credit offerings.
- TREEO – The Center of Training, Research and Education for Environmental Occupations.
Our vision is to create an enduring legacy of excellence through professional workforce educational opportunities. Learn more about our guiding principles here.
OPWD supports the Office of Teaching and Technology and the University of Florida in offering non-credit education for adult learners across multiple modalities, e.g. online, face-to-face, and conferences.
Located at the TREEO Center off Tower Road and tucked behind the Kanapaha Veterans Memorial Park, we are surrounded by an abundance of greenery that manifests a serene working and learning environment. If you’re interested in having your next meeting, gathering, work-party or class here, visit the Facility Rental page for more information.
We are delighted to enter 2020 with this new online endeavor — Stay tuned for our bi-monthly office updates right here at the OPWD Insider!
January 7, 2020
Keep up with all things OPWD by reading our bi-monthly office updates.
The Office of Professional and Workforce Development (OPWD) supports the Office of Teaching and Technology and the University of Florida in offering non-credit education for adult learners across multiple modalities, e.g. online, face-to-face, and conferences.
Is there a topic under our umbrella that you would like to learn or see more about? Email Courtney Hancock at email@example.com with your ideas.